Lakes • Fells • Valleys • Waterfalls • Cottages and Farmhouses • Woodlands • Rivers • Bridges • Boats • Jetties • Wildlife • Classic Views • Landscapes and Panoramas • Villages • Shows and Events • Historic Houses • Castles • Gardens
- Over 350 inspirational photographs
- The best time of day and year for each location including seasonal highlights
- Tips on how to improve your photography and getting the best from a location
- Detailed maps, sun compass and equipment tips
- Chapters on camera and lens choice, composition, exposure, depth of field, sunrise and sunset photography
- How to catch a rainbow and how to photograph waterfalls
- OS style maps produced by Don Williams of Bute Cartographics are used throughout, along with lat-long co-ordinates, map co-ordinates and postal codes for each location. Access information includes whether a location is accessible by wheelchair.
I applaud this book for the way in which it both promotes and encourages photographic exploration of the landscape and its people.
From the foreword by Richard Leafe Chief Executive, Lake District National Park