This hillwalking and photo-location guidebook features stunning mountain photography that provides inspiration and motivation, as well as being studies in composition and light to learn from.
Included are chapters on mountain safety and equipment, planning a day in the mountains, wild camping, photography technique and equipment, and where to stay, eat and drink.
As a bonus Nick describes his mountain life, his hillwalking companions and his inspirations such as the legendary mountain photographer, W. A. Poucher.
This is fotoVUE’s second Mountain series book (the first was Photographing The Dolomites by James Rushforth), and our tenth publication. A series of fotoVUE Mountain books are in preparation.
- 15 of the best mountain walks for photography in Snowdonia
- 10 roadside locations and short walks with the best mountain views
- Detailed contoured maps, directions and co-ordinates for each walk
- Best seasons and time of day to visit including a sun compass
- Mountain Photography Advice
- Advice on Mountain Safety and Gear
- Wild Camping advice and locations
- Accommodation and best pubs
- Essays on mountain life